We invite proposals for the 2019 Faces and Gestures Competition track in Lille, France. We solicit competition proposals on any topic of interests to the FG community. We especially encourage competition proposals from emerging new fields or new application domains related to FG. Interdisciplinary topics that could attract a significant cross-section of the community are highly valued. There will be two kinds of competitions:
- Standard data science driven competitions, where participants will compete to obtain the best score on a FG problem of interest to the FG community based on a problem and data defined and released by the organizers of the competition.
- Live competitions, which will be held in a science-fair manner at FG. Participants will present live demos at FG which apply methodology in an application domain defined by the organizers of the Live competition.
Accepted competitions will run as a FG 2019 competition workshop, where competition results can be discussed and presented. Organizers will propose a tentative schedule for the presentation of the competition. The main conference will provide coffee breaks and, if necessary, poster facilities. For any additional questions please contact the competition chairs.
Competition organizers can additionally open a call for papers for contributions relevant to the field of the organized competition. Papers from top ranked participants and papers contributing to the topics of the competition can be then considered to be included in FG 2019 workshop proceedings.
Data science competition proposal submission
Regular data science driven competition proposal must be mailed to both challenge chairs. Please carefully follow the LaTeX template for data science competition proposal.
Live competition proposal submission
Live competition proposals must be mailed to both challenge chairs. Please carefully follow the available template to apply for the Live competition. An important requirement for the Live competition acceptance is the plan for recruiting participants.
- Competition proposal submission deadline: July 16th, 2018
- Acceptance notification: July 26th, 2018
- Competition track: February 15, 2019
Additional comments to competition proposes
In case your proposal contains a “regular data science” track and a “Live” track, please submit both available templates for revision. It may happen that only one of them is accepted. Competition organizers should propose a timeline for running the competition to ensure participants to have enough time to contribute with a high quality solution. Organizers with a competition proposal that requires help or suggestions regarding the competition platform to run the competition can contact the competition chairs for advice.